PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Vignetierungen bei der 1Ds

HKO
03.01.2003, 14:36
Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

M. Blum
03.01.2003, 15:00
Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.

Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:

Zitat:
I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.

I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.

No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.

Anyway:

-----------------------------------

The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.

Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.

Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.

HKO schrieb:

>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>
>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

ehemaliger Benutzer
03.01.2003, 15:15
Matthias Blum schrieb:

>
>Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
>digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
>Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.
>
>Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:
>
>Zitat:
>I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.
>
>I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.
>
>
>No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.
>
>Anyway:
>
>-----------------------------------
>
>The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.
>
>Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.
>
>Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.
>
>
>HKO schrieb:
>
>>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>>
>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

Das Problem liegt eindeutig bei den Objektiven die allsamt für die Analogfotograpie konzipiert wurden. Abhilfe werden erst für Digitalkameras optimierte Objektive schaffen. Diese bestätigen auch Testberichte in diversen Fachzeitschriften.
SIGMA beispielsweise kennzeichnet seine für Digitalkameras geeignete Normal- und Weitwinkel Objektive mit dem kürzel DG. Bei Canon usw. gibt es solche Empfehlungen leider nicht. Fazit: Erst müssen neue Objektive her, und das gilt für alle Hersteller, um die tatsächliche Leistungsfähigkeit beispielsweise einer 1Ds besser auszuloten.

HKO
03.01.2003, 15:20
Daß der Effekt bei 35 mm Film auch auftritt, ist ja klar. Es ist aber dort meist nur relevant bei WW. Daß dies bei einem 2.8/70-200 IS USM bei Blende 2.8 deutlich zu Tage tritt, ist schon verblüffend. Möglicherweise liegt es eben doch daran, daß ähnlich wie bei der D60 zur Kompensation des geringeren Lichteinfalls der Außensensoren eine Softwareverstärkung der Signale eingesetzt wird, was dann auch diesen Effekt betont.

Matthias Blum schrieb:

>
>Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
>digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
>Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.
>
>Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:
>
>Zitat:
>I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.
>
>I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.
>
>
>No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.
>
>Anyway:
>
>-----------------------------------
>
>The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.
>
>Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.
>
>Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.
>
>
>HKO schrieb:
>
>>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>>
>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

M. Blum
03.01.2003, 15:44
Das habe ich jetzt nicht verstanden. Wenn wie du meinst, die Signale an-
gehoben werden, dann gilt das doch für die vignettierten und die
nichtvignettierten Flächen gleichermaßen. Wieso soll sich da die
Vignettierung verstärken? Oder meinst du was anderes?

Gruß
Matthias

HKO schrieb:

>Daß der Effekt bei 35 mm Film auch auftritt, ist ja klar. Es ist aber dort meist nur relevant bei WW. Daß dies bei einem 2.8/70-200 IS USM bei Blende 2.8 deutlich zu Tage tritt, ist schon verblüffend. Möglicherweise liegt es eben doch daran, daß ähnlich wie bei der D60 zur Kompensation des geringeren Lichteinfalls der Außensensoren eine Softwareverstärkung der Signale eingesetzt wird, was dann auch diesen Effekt betont.
>
>Matthias Blum schrieb:
>
>>
>>Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
>>digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
>>Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.
>>
>>Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:
>>
>>Zitat:
>>I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.
>>
>>I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.
>>
>>
>>No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.
>>
>>Anyway:
>>
>>-----------------------------------
>>
>>The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.
>>
>>Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.
>>
>>Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.
>>
>>
>>HKO schrieb:
>>
>>>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>>>
>>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

HKO
03.01.2003, 18:36
Bei der D60 weiß ich es sicher: um die relative Sensorschwäche der Außensensoren (bedingt durch den ungünstigeren Lichteinfall) auszugleichen, wird via interner Kamera-Soft deren Signal verstärkt. Dies führt zwangsläufig auch dazu, daß Bildrandstörungen verstärkt hervortreten, was bei der D60 aber durch den kleinen nötigen Bildkreis nicht so sehr ins Gewicht fällt.
Die 1Ds hat m.Wissens Microlinsen vor den Sensoren, deshalb, um diese Schwäche nach außen zum Bildkreisrand hin auszugleichen ("Lichtsammler"). Möglicherweise wird zusätzlich aber auch noch via Soft eine Korrektur berechnet. Wenn nun die Optik bei geöffneter Blende eine Vignettierung im Bild liefert, mag auch diese Störung unerwünscht verstärkt werden. In den meisen Fällen wird man z-.B. durch Abblenden auf 4-5.6 das Problem ja einfach beheben können, z.B. einen Portrait-Fotografen würde es aber schon ärgern.

Matthias Blum schrieb:

>
>Das habe ich jetzt nicht verstanden. Wenn wie du meinst, die Signale an-
>gehoben werden, dann gilt das doch für die vignettierten und die
>nichtvignettierten Flächen gleichermaßen. Wieso soll sich da die
>Vignettierung verstärken? Oder meinst du was anderes?
>
>Gruß
>Matthias
>
>
>HKO schrieb:
>
>>Daß der Effekt bei 35 mm Film auch auftritt, ist ja klar. Es ist aber dort meist nur relevant bei WW. Daß dies bei einem 2.8/70-200 IS USM bei Blende 2.8 deutlich zu Tage tritt, ist schon verblüffend. Möglicherweise liegt es eben doch daran, daß ähnlich wie bei der D60 zur Kompensation des geringeren Lichteinfalls der Außensensoren eine Softwareverstärkung der Signale eingesetzt wird, was dann auch diesen Effekt betont.
>>
>>Matthias Blum schrieb:
>>
>>>
>>>Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
>>>digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
>>>Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.
>>>
>>>Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:
>>>
>>>Zitat:
>>>I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.
>>>
>>>I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.
>>>
>>>
>>>No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.
>>>
>>>Anyway:
>>>
>>>-----------------------------------
>>>
>>>The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.
>>>
>>>Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.
>>>
>>>Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.
>>>
>>>
>>>HKO schrieb:
>>>
>>>>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>>>>
>>>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

M. Blum
03.01.2003, 18:46
Das verstehe ich immer noch nicht. Vignettierung bedeutet doch
Abdunkelung. Wenn es so wäre, wie du sagst, dass nämlich die
äußeren Teile des Sensors in der Lichtleistung verstärkt werden,
dann müsste die Vignettierung ja gerade verschwinden und nicht
deutlicher sichtbar werden, als bei Film.

Also ich bin nach wie vor der Auffassung, dass hier ein Fehler
herbeigeredet wird, der aber (verglichen mit Film) gar nicht besteht.
Was bei Rob Galbraith beschrieben wird, ist das Phänomen, dass
die Vignettierung überhaupt zu sehen ist. Dies bezieht sich auf einen
Vergleich mit bisherigem digitalem equipment (D1, D60), bei dem
die Vignettierung wegen des Cropping-faktors nicht zu sehen ist.

Gruß
Matthias

HKO schrieb:

>Bei der D60 weiß ich es sicher: um die relative Sensorschwäche der Außensensoren (bedingt durch den ungünstigeren Lichteinfall) auszugleichen, wird via interner Kamera-Soft deren Signal verstärkt. Dies führt zwangsläufig auch dazu, daß Bildrandstörungen verstärkt hervortreten, was bei der D60 aber durch den kleinen nötigen Bildkreis nicht so sehr ins Gewicht fällt.
>Die 1Ds hat m.Wissens Microlinsen vor den Sensoren, deshalb, um diese Schwäche nach außen zum Bildkreisrand hin auszugleichen ("Lichtsammler"). Möglicherweise wird zusätzlich aber auch noch via Soft eine Korrektur berechnet. Wenn nun die Optik bei geöffneter Blende eine Vignettierung im Bild liefert, mag auch diese Störung unerwünscht verstärkt werden. In den meisen Fällen wird man z-.B. durch Abblenden auf 4-5.6 das Problem ja einfach beheben können, z.B. einen Portrait-Fotografen würde es aber schon ärgern.
>
>Matthias Blum schrieb:
>
>>
>>Das habe ich jetzt nicht verstanden. Wenn wie du meinst, die Signale an-
>>gehoben werden, dann gilt das doch für die vignettierten und die
>>nichtvignettierten Flächen gleichermaßen. Wieso soll sich da die
>>Vignettierung verstärken? Oder meinst du was anderes?
>>
>>Gruß
>>Matthias
>>
>>
>>HKO schrieb:
>>
>>>Daß der Effekt bei 35 mm Film auch auftritt, ist ja klar. Es ist aber dort meist nur relevant bei WW. Daß dies bei einem 2.8/70-200 IS USM bei Blende 2.8 deutlich zu Tage tritt, ist schon verblüffend. Möglicherweise liegt es eben doch daran, daß ähnlich wie bei der D60 zur Kompensation des geringeren Lichteinfalls der Außensensoren eine Softwareverstärkung der Signale eingesetzt wird, was dann auch diesen Effekt betont.
>>>
>>>Matthias Blum schrieb:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
>>>>digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
>>>>Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.
>>>>
>>>>Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:
>>>>
>>>>Zitat:
>>>>I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.
>>>>
>>>>I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.
>>>>
>>>>Anyway:
>>>>
>>>>-----------------------------------
>>>>
>>>>The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.
>>>>
>>>>Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.
>>>>
>>>>Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>HKO schrieb:
>>>>
>>>>>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>>>>>
>>>>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926

HKO
03.01.2003, 19:01
Würde man gar nichts unternehmen, um die unterschiedliche "Sensorbeschickung" mit Licht auszugleichen, hätte jede Aufnahme mit einer Digi eine helle Mitte, das Bild würde zum Rand hin dunkler und kontrastärmer. Dies muß die Technik ausgleichen. Die Kontrastverstärkung zum Rand hin kann aber auch zur Überkompensation von Fehlern führen, dies mag solch einen Effekt machen.

Matthias Blum schrieb:

>
>Das verstehe ich immer noch nicht. Vignettierung bedeutet doch
>Abdunkelung. Wenn es so wäre, wie du sagst, dass nämlich die
>äußeren Teile des Sensors in der Lichtleistung verstärkt werden,
>dann müsste die Vignettierung ja gerade verschwinden und nicht
>deutlicher sichtbar werden, als bei Film.
>
>Also ich bin nach wie vor der Auffassung, dass hier ein Fehler
>herbeigeredet wird, der aber (verglichen mit Film) gar nicht besteht.
>Was bei Rob Galbraith beschrieben wird, ist das Phänomen, dass
>die Vignettierung überhaupt zu sehen ist. Dies bezieht sich auf einen
>Vergleich mit bisherigem digitalem equipment (D1, D60), bei dem
>die Vignettierung wegen des Cropping-faktors nicht zu sehen ist.
>
>Gruß
>Matthias
>
>
>HKO schrieb:
>
>>Bei der D60 weiß ich es sicher: um die relative Sensorschwäche der Außensensoren (bedingt durch den ungünstigeren Lichteinfall) auszugleichen, wird via interner Kamera-Soft deren Signal verstärkt. Dies führt zwangsläufig auch dazu, daß Bildrandstörungen verstärkt hervortreten, was bei der D60 aber durch den kleinen nötigen Bildkreis nicht so sehr ins Gewicht fällt.
>>Die 1Ds hat m.Wissens Microlinsen vor den Sensoren, deshalb, um diese Schwäche nach außen zum Bildkreisrand hin auszugleichen ("Lichtsammler"). Möglicherweise wird zusätzlich aber auch noch via Soft eine Korrektur berechnet. Wenn nun die Optik bei geöffneter Blende eine Vignettierung im Bild liefert, mag auch diese Störung unerwünscht verstärkt werden. In den meisen Fällen wird man z-.B. durch Abblenden auf 4-5.6 das Problem ja einfach beheben können, z.B. einen Portrait-Fotografen würde es aber schon ärgern.
>>
>>Matthias Blum schrieb:
>>
>>>
>>>Das habe ich jetzt nicht verstanden. Wenn wie du meinst, die Signale an-
>>>gehoben werden, dann gilt das doch für die vignettierten und die
>>>nichtvignettierten Flächen gleichermaßen. Wieso soll sich da die
>>>Vignettierung verstärken? Oder meinst du was anderes?
>>>
>>>Gruß
>>>Matthias
>>>
>>>
>>>HKO schrieb:
>>>
>>>>Daß der Effekt bei 35 mm Film auch auftritt, ist ja klar. Es ist aber dort meist nur relevant bei WW. Daß dies bei einem 2.8/70-200 IS USM bei Blende 2.8 deutlich zu Tage tritt, ist schon verblüffend. Möglicherweise liegt es eben doch daran, daß ähnlich wie bei der D60 zur Kompensation des geringeren Lichteinfalls der Außensensoren eine Softwareverstärkung der Signale eingesetzt wird, was dann auch diesen Effekt betont.
>>>>
>>>>Matthias Blum schrieb:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Das ist kein D1s-Problem, sondern tritt bei 35mm-Film genau so auf. Bei
>>>>>digital bestünde jedoch im Gegensatz zu Film die Möglichkeit es durch
>>>>>Software zu beseitigen. Hiervon macht die 1Ds allerdings keinen Gebrauch.
>>>>>
>>>>>Die Diskussion bei dpreview ging wie folgt weiter:
>>>>>
>>>>>Zitat:
>>>>>I posted this exact thing in another thread, earlier, when they posted a link to a forum discussing this same thing. It makes me upset that people who don't even know how cameras or lenses operate are dumping $10,000+ on this camera and expensive lenses for it. It seems people are buying cameras that cost as much as cars as status symbols instead of actually learning how photographic equipment works. If they don't even know that lenses have light fallof and soft edges at wide open apertures (PERIOD), I wonder why they think they need the most advanced digital SLR available. I feel bad that imbecile yuppies with way too much money to burn on showoff equipment are carrying around 1Ds's. Even I know the basics of lens operation and lens characteristics and I'm a lowly beginner with an old manual Nikon FE2 and just a few old manual focus Nikkor lenses. In my opinion, if you buy a Canon 1Ds without knowing the basics, you should have it taken away and given a Canon A-1 to work with for a couple years before you're allowed to get it back.
>>>>>
>>>>>I love digital but I hate what it's doing to photography.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>No offense to the writer of this thread. I'm just upset at those who have one and are complaining about it.
>>>>>
>>>>>Anyway:
>>>>>
>>>>>-----------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>>The guy was using a lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and shooting at that wide-open f/2.8.
>>>>>
>>>>>Being a film SLR user on a daily basis, I know that's not the camera's fault. To put it in simplest terms, the "multiplier" on most digital SLRs is not a multiplier at all. It's a crop. The smaller sensor doesn't capture the edges of what the lens is letting through. It crops that off. That's why cameras like the D60 or D30 or D100 or D1h, etc, don't show the same vignetting or light falloff that the 1Ds captures. If I shoot my old Nikon FE2 with its 50mm f/1.8 lens AT f/1.8, there will be light falloff on all four corners. Crop off the edges like a smaller CCD/CMOS sensor does in non-full-frame-sensor digital SLRs and the dark edges are obviously gone. That's just how it works. It's just that most people who are only familiar with consumer digital, non full frame digital SLRs, or point and shoot film cameras haven't been exposed to that sort of thing. Soft edges, vignetting, and light falloff at wide apertures are hidden by those cameras. I don't think my f/1.8 lens stops light falloff until about f/5.6. I could scan some examples and post them here if I look through my slides and prints.
>>>>>
>>>>>Actually, think of it this way: The 1Ds just captures what the lens lets through. If the light falloff stops at smaller apertures like they mention on the link you posted, the sensor can't be defective. If two different photos are taken at two different apertures with the same lens on the same camera and the one with a larger aperture has light falloff and the one taken at a smaller aperture has less or none, it can't be a sensor/camera problem since the dark edges would be there no matter what the aperture if the camera or sensor was at fault. The CMOS sensor doesn't know what aperture you're using. It just captures what it's given and shows that to you. Again, the dark edges would be there at all times if it was a sensor problem.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>HKO schrieb:
>>>>>
>>>>>>Es scheint so zu sein, das die 1Ds erhebliche Probleme mit Vignettierung zeigt. Offenkundig kann man mit Sonnenblende praktisch alle TOP-Objektive nicht mehr mit offener Blende benutzen, weil dann erhebliche Vignettierungen, unverhältnismäßig mehr als bei Film auftreten. Hierzu gab es auch einen Thread, besonders der dort genannte Link zum Rob-Galbright-Forum zeigt viele solche Postings. Offenkundig verstärkt die 1Ds auch diesen Effekt.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=4090926